STRAW BALE TRAINING FOR EUROPEAN PROFESSIONALS
The objectives of this training was to establish a European Straw Bale Building training program based on the ECVET system of credit points for 8 units (final 10), divided into (sub)topics, each with detailed session plans and supporting documents as infosheets and technical sheets:
- Preface Introduction to the Handbooks
- Unit 1 Introduction – straw and strawbales as construction material
- Unit 2 From Bale to House 1: Techniques for infill and pre fabrication
- Unit 3 From Bale to House 2: Techniques for load bearing building
- Unit 4 Straw bales as external insulation – Wrapping
- Unit 5 Finishes (plasters, cladding and paint)
- Unit 6 Building physics and sustainability
- Unit 7 Concept for the house – design and maintenance
- Unit 8 Marketing and communication
Some information about ECVET credit point system as base of our training program:
The training „Straw bale building for European professionals“ is based on the European Ecvet system, the European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET)and is the new European instrument to promote mutual trust and mobility in vocational education and training.
ECVET is based on concepts and processes which are used in a systematic way to establish a common and user-friendly language for transparency, transfer and recognition of learning outcomes. Some of these concepts and processes are already embedded in many qualifications systems across Europe.
See also the website: http://www.ecvet-projects.eu/