- know different prefabrication and modular building methods
- know different structural options
- know the dis-/advantatges of every solution
- are aware of health and safety issues related to co-workers, building site, machinery, equipment, PPE (personal protective equipment) and the issues specific to work with straw and straw bales.
- can organize building sites at all stages ( i.e.: take responsibility to leave the building site rain- and windproof, keep strawstacks fire protected, remove loose straw after work,…)
- can take responsibility for the requirements of straw building in a “normal” building routine
- know the details (window, roof junction,… ) for prefabricated walls and modules
- Practical training, supervising training work
- Different construction options for prefabrication and their characteristics and bale requirements.
- Fixing bales with different techniques
- Compressing bales with different systems
- Advantages and disadvantages of infill contruction techniques
- Details of connections: foundation, corners, windows and doors, roof, etc.
- Preparing different surfaces for plastering
- Viewing and study of existing building samples
- Working groups
- Preparing wooden frames and structures
- Infill straw bales in standing position (“on edge”)
- Compress the bales with different techniques
- Fixing the bales in the construction
- Airtight/windproof installation of a window
- Shaving the bales, if necessary
- Preparing bales/boards for plastering