Trainees know …
- the tools and machines used on the building site of plastering straw bale walls. They know specific problems of straw bale building site organization.
- the possible dangers, safe working practices, accident prevention regulations and security data sheets.
- about the specifics of the material, their advantages and disadvantages, how to make a proper mixture and how to work with.
- the basics of weather proofing, wind- and air tightness for finishes, fire protection and vapor barriers of finishes of straw bale building.
- good detailing of straw bale wales.
- why and how to make work samples of the plaster, they want to use
- the different surface structures and treatment, why and when to use it.
- how to prepare the base for the plaster, should know the structure of rendering and how and when to use meshes.
- what to do before cladding and how to fix the cladding on the wall
Trainees can …
- handle tools and machines which are used for different rendering and cladding systems.
- prepare the base.
- estimate the dangers of handling with these materials and can avoid it.
- execute proper airtightness details.
- execute different plaster systems and claddings.
- organize and do the work on time.
- calculate the rendering and cladding costs (material, working hours).
- apply different surface structures and treatments and finish protection paint coat.
Trainees can …
- be aware of health and safety in relation to other workers, building site, machinery, equipment, PPE (personal protective equipment) and of issues specific to working with earth, lime and cladding
- organize the building site at all stages.
- explain different examples of rendering and cladding, making reference to advantages and disadvantages of each and can announce concerns.