Trainees know …
- the main concept of the building (purpose, main structure: foundation, walls, openings and roof).
- external influences (location, climate, shape..) and requirements for inner climate.
- principles of passive houses concept, making use of external solar gains and internal gains, insulation, windows, reduction of thermal bridges, airtightness, mechanical ventilation with heat recovery, shading in summer, use of thermal mass.
- how to choose building materials (sustainable use, primary energy, CO2 eq., healthy, price)
- different heating systems (sources and heating media), its advantages and disadvantages (emissions, CO2, renewable, …)
- principles how to provide inner climate comfort in summer – cooling systems
- necessity of ventilation and know how to provide it
- principles of house installations (electricity, water, sewage) and know the specific requirements for straw bale houses.
- ecological principles of the building (energy saving, alternative energy, water, waste, building materials, everyday use, building surrounding, wider context and ecological footprint)
- the acquainted with terms building biology, green, ecological and sustainable architecture, ecological foot print, cradle to cradle concept, permaculture…..
- most common faults of SB construction, its damages and its cause
- steps and principles how to repair most common faults and damages of SB construction
- the different life duration of the construction parts and their maintenance intervals.
Trainees can …
- choose ecological principles for buildings (energy saving, alternative energy, water, waste, building materials, everyday use, building surrounding, wider context and ecological footprint)
- sketch basic house design
- execute details of passive house design following the drawing
- chose good fixing of installation
- repair damages of the house
Trainees can …
- understand ecological principles of the building in practice.
- evaluate and chose suitable building materials and systems and knows when and how to ask experts.
- suggest suitable heating and cooling system and knows when and how to ask experts.
- understands passive house principles in practice
- chose efficient way of house installation and knows when and how to ask experts.
- analyze and repair damages of the house and knows when and how to ask experts.